Billings Area, Missoula Area
Lube Truck Driver
Under supervision, drives a lube truck and performs off site lubrication, service, and preventative maintenance work on heavy equipment; performs minor mechanical field repairs on equipment; maintains records and preventative maintenance schedules for assigned equipment; and performs related work as required.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
One year of full time paid experience in performing servicing, preventative maintenance, vehicle and heavy equipment inspection work, and minor mechanical repairs on automotive or diesel equipment or vehicles.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE
Possession of a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) with HAZMAT and tanker endorsements.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (partial description and is not restrictive as to duties require)
- Drive a lube truck to various locations and perform servicing of gasoline and diesel powered vehicles and equipment, including fueling, lubrication, changing oil, changing air and oil filters, and checking and adding fluids, including windshield washer, transmission, cooling system, brakes, and differential.
- Perform maintenance and servicing of the lube truck.
- Perform preventative maintenance according to assigned schedules for heavy equipment and the lube truck.
- Monitor records and track hours of service for assigned vehicles and the lube truck.
- Perform minor repairs on the lube truck and assigned equipment including brake adjustments, leak repairs, and removal and installation of radiators and thermostats.
- Replace hoses, fan belts, alternators, regulators, and batteries.
- Replace heavy equipment components including grader blades and cutting edges.
- Install fire extinguishers and safety equipment.
- May perform other duties performed by Equipment Service Workers.
Full Performance: (These may be acquired on the job and are needed to perform the work assigned.)
Perform a variety of servicing, lubrication, preventative maintenance inspections, and minor mechanical repairs on gasoline and diesel vehicles and heavy equipment.
Applicants will be screened for position level through written, oral, performance, or other evaluation methods.
- Work policies and procedures of the Company and work unit where assigned
- General tools, equipment, and methods used in servicing, preventative maintenance, vehicle and equipment inspection work, and minor mechanical repair work
- Gasoline and diesel engine components and equipment including water pumps, complete brake systems, power steering pumps, starters, charging systems, drive lines, and suspension systems
- Standard lubricants and oils used in vehicle and equipment servicing work
- Safe and defensive driving practices
- Safe work practices
- Operate a lube truck.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Maintain routine maintenance records.
- Get along with fellow employees
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (Essential duties require the following physical skills and work environment)
Ability to stand and walk for extended periods. Ability to frequently stoop, bend, and kneel. Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 75 lbs. Ability to perform sustained and vigorous activities in a variety of environments, temperatures, and weather conditions. Exposure to grease, oils, and lubricants.
Possess hand tools to perform maintenance duties.